Dusk – 11:00pm, Thursday–Sunday
Urban Video Project Fall 2016

Projected onto North façade of Everson Museum of Art building.

> View

Tomlin_Tension_by_Moonlight.jpg

Bradley Walker Tomin, Tension by Moonlight, 1948, oil on canvas, Gift of Mrs. Kathleen Tomlin, Mrs. Earle Dockstader, and Jean Barron

February 11 – May 14, 2017
The Dorsky Museum, in partnership with the Everson, is organizing the first retrospective and catalog of American painter Bradley Walker Tomlin (1899-1953) since 1975. This exhibition, including over 40 paintings, works on paper, and printed materials, charts Tomlin’s development from art nouveau illustrations of the 1920s to large-scale Abstract Expressionist paintings of the 1950s. The exhibition explores his formative years in Syracuse, early patronage by Condé Nast, and the important role played by the Woodstock art colony. The exhibition originated at the Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art, State University of New York at New Paltz.

> View

July 21, August 4, August 18, September 2

Presented in partnership with Urban Video Project. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs and settle in on the Everson Community Plaza to enjoy films projected onto the façade of the Museum building. All summer films include pre-show activities and food trucks on the Plaza. Films begin at dusk.




> View

July 21, August 4, August 18, September 2

Presented in partnership with Urban Video Project. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs and settle in on the Everson Community Plaza to enjoy films projected onto the façade of the Museum building. All summer films include pre-show activities and food trucks on the Plaza. Films begin at dusk.




> View

Robert_DeNiroSr_untitled.jpg

Robert De Niro Sr., Portrait of Virginia (Portrait of the Artist’s Wife), 1952-53, Oil on canvas, 33 ½ x 34 ½ inches, Gift of Goldian and Andre Vanden Broeck

February 11 – May 14,2017
Salt City Abstraction features modern and contemporary abstract artists from the Everson’s collection that have lived and worked in Central New York, including Juan Cruz, Robert De Niro Sr., Darryl Hughto, Margie Hughto, James Ridlon, Susan Roth, and many others.

> View

PC_91.37_2.jpg

Jackson Pollock Red Composition (Painting 1946), ca. 1946 Oil on Masonite, 19 ¼ x 23 ¾ inches Gift of Dorothy and Marshall M. Reisman. Jackson Pollock, © 2016 Artist Rights Society (ARS), New York/ADAGP, Paris

January 28 – April 30, 2017
Realism and abstraction are the two poles of painting in the 20th century. Drawn from the Everson’s collection, this exhibition brings together an eclectic mix of abstract works from the 20th century to explore the wide variety of formal and compositional decisions artists make when depicting simplified forms, reductive shapes, gestural or precise lines, and selecting a color palette. Primarily comprised of paintings, a selection of sculptures, prints, drawings, photographs, video, ceramics, and decorative arts objects are included to draw connections among the various media and approaches to both two and three-dimensional objects.

> View

Vanessa_German_PR_Image_010.jpg

Installation view of Vanessa German in MATRIX 174 / i come to do a violence to the lie, Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Hartford, CT, 2016. Photo: Allen Phillips / Wadsworth Atheneum

de.structive
dis.tillation

December 23, 2016 – May 7, 2017

Vanessa German uses paint, mixed media, sculpture, and performance to directly confront racism and violence in today’s society. Based in the Homewood section of Pittsburgh, a neighborhood devastated by drugs and crime on a daily basis, German creates work in response to her life experiences.

> View

communityday2.jpg

4-week sessions, Saturdays, 10:30am–12:30pm
Members $65 per session | Non-Members $85 per session
Sign up for two sessions: Members $105 | Non-Members $135

Explore your creativity by experiencing different materials and themes each session. Classes are taught by dedicated artists and educators. Space is limited, all materials and equipment provided.

> View

83.5.9.jpg

Opening January 2017
Animals have been the subject of art for millennia, beginning with ancient cave paintings made over 35,000 years ago. From scientific renderings of nature’s wondrous creatures to depictions of livestock and beasts of burden, to commemorating our beloved four-legged family members, artists have recorded the many roles animals play in our world. "The Creatures Among Us" celebrates our enduring fascination with animals by presenting a selection of diverse works—some not seen in years—drawn from the Everson’s collection.

> View

iStock_71857309_LARGE.jpg

February 21–24, 2017
9:00am–12:00pm
Per day: $12 Members | $15 Non-Member

February 21 - Painting Syracuse Landscapes
February 22 - Creative Mask Making
February 23 - Collage Art inspired Bradley Walker Tomlin: A Retrospective exhibition

February 24 - Printmaking

Looking for fun and creative activities for your children (Ages 5-12) during mid-winter break? Sign up for one day or the entire week! Each day will hold a different themed activity to engage young artists including art making, gallery exploration, storytelling, games, and more!

> View

Adelaide_Alsop_Robineau.jpg

Adelaide Alsop Robineau, Lantern, 1908 Porcelain, 8 ½ x 6 inches, Museum purchase

November 20, 2016 – June 30, 2017
The first exhibition in the Everson’s new ceramics gallery, A Century of Collecting celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Museum’s first purchase of ceramics for the permanent collection in 1916. From that initial purchase of 32 works by distinguished Arts & Crafts potter Adelaide Alsop Robineau, the Everson has amassed a premier collection of more than 5000 ceramic pieces, dating from ancient times to the present day. This exhibition presents a survey of works made by key figures in modern and contemporary studio ceramics, tracing the Everson’s role as a driving force in shaping attitudes about ceramics as a fine art medium.

> View

open_figure_drawing.jpg

May 18, 6:00–8:00pm
FREE

Enjoy an evening of figure drawing through the study of a nude model. Bring your own sketchbooks and pencils (no charcoal, pastels, paint permitted). Some easels will be provided on a first come first served basis. Or, if you don’t want to draw, stop by to see artists at work and enjoy live music. In collaboration with Open Figure Drawing. Openfiguredrawing.com

> View

Jones_Figures.jpg

Peter B. Jones, Figures (from Sky People Series), 1989, stoneware, Gift of the Dorothy and Marshall M. Reisman Foundation

On view through June 30, 2017
The Haudenosaunee, a name referring to the alliance of the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, and Tuscarora Nations, have rich artistic traditions. This exhibition features the work of five contemporary Haudenosaunee artists represented in the Everson’s collection—Tom Huff, Ada Jacques, Peter B. Jones, Tammy Tarbell-Boehning, and Steve Smith—all of whom draw upon their cultural heritage and blend traditional artistic methods with modern techniques.

> View

Tree_of_40_Fruit.jpg

Sam Van Aken, Tree of 40 Fruit, digital rendering

Planting November 2016
In partnership with Syracuse University’s Connective Corridor, the Everson Museum of Art is excited to present the Tree of 40 Fruit, part of an ongoing series of hybridized fruit trees by contemporary artist Sam Van Aken. Each unique tree grows over forty different types of stone fruit including peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines, cherries, and almonds. Sculpted through the process of grafting, the Tree of 40 Fruit blossoms in variegated tones of pink, crimson and white in spring, and in summer bear a multitude of fruit. Primarily composed of native and antique varieties the Tree of 40 Fruit is a form of conservation, preserving heirloom stone fruit varieties that are not commercially produced or available.

> View

tide_and_current_taxi.jpg

Marie Lorenz, Erie Canal Project, 2011.

July 1 – August 7, 2016
For over a decade, Marie Lorenz has been exploring and documenting the waterways of New York City in boats she designs and builds as part of her ongoing project Tide and Current Taxi. On July 1, Lorenz extends the project, ambitiously traveling from Buffalo (with a launch at the Albright Knox Gallery) to Albany along the historic Erie Canal and onto New York City via the Hudson River (arriving at the High Line). Accompanied by a series of passengers with particular perspectives on the waterway, Lorenz will make stops and presentations at historic sites, museums, and other canal corridor locations. The project will culminate with a multi-media exhibition and series of programs at the Everson in the fall, bringing together newly-created objects as well as research, documentation, and materials from the voyage. This project is commissioned by the Everson, with support from CNY Arts, NYSCA, etc. Project partners include the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor and Erie Canal Corp., Albright Knox Gallery, Memorial Art Gallery, Erie Canal Museum and Sculpture Space.

> View

IMG_2342.jpeg

Saturdays (Classes resume on January 7, 2017)
10:30am–12:00pm
Members $10 | Non-Members $15
Drop-ins welcome! Your first class is free

Open your heart space in this alignment-based yoga class and connect your body with the art of Angela Fraleigh's exhibition that surrounds you. Long-time yoga instructor Dara Harper will guide you through proper form and precision of poses. For more on Dara Harper, visit Yogawithdara.com. All skill levels welcome. Stay after class for a few minutes to enjoy a mini-tour led by an Everson docent.

> View

Angela_Fraleigh_banner.jpg

Angela Fraleigh, Carried by Voices, 2014, oil and 23kt gold leaf and alkyd on canvas, private collection.

September 22
4:30pm-7:30pm $20 Members, $25 Non-Members Pre-registration Required. Space is limited

Be the first to experience Angela Fraleigh: Between Tongue and Teeth. Join the Education Department in a private viewing and tour with the artist. Fraleigh will discuss her work, lead a hands-on art-making workshop and provide ample opportunity for the exchange of ideas. This workshop will feed your artistic soul and serve as a catalyst for classroom project ideas. Light refreshments provided. Please contact Qiana Williams at qwilliams(at)everson.org or (315) 474 6064 x303 to reserve your place.

> View

AngelaFraleigh_head_RGB.jpg

Angela Fraleigh

October 13

6:30pm, Free with Museum admission

Artist Angela Fraleigh will offer a guided gallery walk of her exhibition Between Tongue and Teeth to discuss selected works. ​

> View

52.629.JPG

Myrton Purkiss (American, b. Canada, 1912-1978) Large Plate, 1951 Stoneware. Purchase Prize given by Homer Laughlin China Co., 16th Ceramic National Exhibition, 1951

Currently on View at Syracuse Hancock International Airport
Inaugurated in 1932 at the Everson, the Ceramic National juried exhibitions helped shape the course of ceramic history and launched the careers of many notable ceramic artists. This special exhibition showcases more than 70 pieces drawn from the Ceramic National exhibitions, all of which are now part of the Everson’s acclaimed collection.

> View

18611788-standard.jpg

Joe Rufo, Fox at Night, colored pencil, UNIQUE award winner, 2015.

August 19 – September 25, 2016
Coordinated by ARISE, a non-profit agency based in Syracuse, UNIQUE celebrates the artistic talents of Central New Yorkers living with disabilities. The works included in this exhibition eloquently speak to the myriad thoughts, ideas, and feelings that all humans share, regardless of individual ability or circumstance. The annual competition invites submissions of art and literature which are then selected for display by a panel of judges, and the works are exhibited in several venues throughout CNY.

> View

Kitaj_Civic_Virtue.jpg

September 9 – November 20, 2016
Civic Virtue: all over the floor brings together a unique selection of artworks from the Everson’s collection that address the difficult, yet essential, role an active citizenry plays within a healthy democracy.

> View

Robineau-ScarabVase-600.jpg

Caption: Adelaide Alsop Robineau, Scarab Vase (The Apotheosis of the Toiler), 1910, porcelain. Museum purchase.

On View Through November 2016
Adelaide Alsop Robineau, a major figure in the Arts and Crafts movement and today considered one of America’s preeminent art potters, is known for her exquisite porcelains decorated with intricate carvings and crystalline glazes. This exhibition features more than seventy of Robineau’s works, a number of which were part of the Everson’s original purchase of Robineau’s porcelains in 1916, an acquisition that set the course for the Museum’s long-term commitment to collecting ceramics. On display in the exhibition are many visitor favorites, including the famous Scarab Vase, believed to be Robineau’s masterpiece.

> View

unspecified.jpeg

Marie Lorenz, Tide and Current Taxi, 2016. Photo by Timothy Schenck. Courtesy of Friends of the High Line.

On view through December 17, 2016
The culmination of Marie Lorenz’s journey along the Erie Canal and the Hudson River in the summer of 2016, this multi-media exhibition brings together new works along with research, documentation and materials from the voyage.

> View

Fraleigh_Carried_by_Voices.jpg

Angela Fraleigh, Carried by Voices, 2014, oil and 23kt gold leaf and alkyd on canvas.

On view through December 31, 2016
Angela Fraleigh, based in New York City and Allentown, co-opts the techniques, media, and styles of the European Old Masters to create monumental paintings of female figures that explore social constructs of gender, power, and identity. Combining abstraction and realism, her visually seductive and complicated paintings reflect on art history, literature, and popular culture. For the Everson, Fraleigh presents new paintings inspired by works in the Everson’s collection, women of the Arts and Crafts movement and important female figures in the history of Central New York.

> View

88.21.2.jpg

Roy Lichtenstein, Dinnerware, ca. 1967, cast stoneware, 12 x 14.75 x 10 inches, Gift of Ka Kwong Hui.

On view through December 31, 2016
Drawn from the Everson’s collection, this exhibition features an eclectic mix of works that address the theme of life in the home over the past 150 years. Including paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, photographs, video, ceramics, and decorative arts objects, Home Sweet Home presents a multi-faceted view of the home, its spaces, furnishings, and inhabitants.

> View

Kevin_Snipe_ceramic_lecture_sq.jpg

Kevin Snipes, Sideways Head, 2015 porcelain, glaze, underglaze, oxide wash 15’' tall. Photo courtesy of the artist

Featuring visiting artist Kevin Snipes

February 2, 2017
6:30pm | Everson Hosmer Auditorium
FREE and open to the public

Presented in conjunction with Syracuse University Department of Art and the CAC Foundation.

> View

open_night_reception.jpg

February 10, 2017

6:00–7:30pm
FREE for Members | $15 Non-members

Celebrate the opening of all new Winter 2017 exhibitions: Bradley Walker Tomlin: A Retrospective, Vanessa German: de.structive dis.tillation, More Real, More a Dream. Enjoy music, hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar.

> View

Robert_DeNiroSr_untitled.jpg

Robert De Niro Sr., Portrait of Virginia (Portrait of the Artist’s Wife), 1952-53, Oil on canvas, 33 ½ x 34 ½ inches, Gift of Goldian and Andre Vanden Broeck

February 11 – May 14,2017
Salt City Abstraction features modern and contemporary abstract artists from the Everson’s collection that have lived and worked in Central New York, including Juan Cruz, Robert De Niro Sr., Darryl Hughto, Margie Hughto, James Ridlon, Susan Roth, and many others.

> View

Adelaide_Alsop_Robineau.jpg

Adelaide Alsop Robineau, Lantern, 1908 Porcelain, 8 ½ x 6 inches, Museum purchase

November 20, 2016 – June 30, 2017
The first exhibition in the Everson’s new ceramics gallery, A Century of Collecting celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Museum’s first purchase of ceramics for the permanent collection in 1916. From that initial purchase of 32 works by distinguished Arts & Crafts potter Adelaide Alsop Robineau, the Everson has amassed a premier collection of more than 5000 ceramic pieces, dating from ancient times to the present day. This exhibition presents a survey of works made by key figures in modern and contemporary studio ceramics, tracing the Everson’s role as a driving force in shaping attitudes about ceramics as a fine art medium.

> View

Jones_Figures.jpg

Peter B. Jones, Figures (from Sky People Series), 1989, stoneware, Gift of the Dorothy and Marshall M. Reisman Foundation

On view through June 30, 2017
The Haudenosaunee, a name referring to the alliance of the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, and Tuscarora Nations, have rich artistic traditions. This exhibition features the work of five contemporary Haudenosaunee artists represented in the Everson’s collection—Tom Huff, Ada Jacques, Peter B. Jones, Tammy Tarbell-Boehning, and Steve Smith—all of whom draw upon their cultural heritage and blend traditional artistic methods with modern techniques.

> View

tide_and_current_taxi.jpg

Marie Lorenz, Erie Canal Project, 2011.

July 1 – August 7, 2016
For over a decade, Marie Lorenz has been exploring and documenting the waterways of New York City in boats she designs and builds as part of her ongoing project Tide and Current Taxi. On July 1, Lorenz extends the project, ambitiously traveling from Buffalo (with a launch at the Albright Knox Gallery) to Albany along the historic Erie Canal and onto New York City via the Hudson River (arriving at the High Line). Accompanied by a series of passengers with particular perspectives on the waterway, Lorenz will make stops and presentations at historic sites, museums, and other canal corridor locations. The project will culminate with a multi-media exhibition and series of programs at the Everson in the fall, bringing together newly-created objects as well as research, documentation, and materials from the voyage. This project is commissioned by the Everson, with support from CNY Arts, NYSCA, etc. Project partners include the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor and Erie Canal Corp., Albright Knox Gallery, Memorial Art Gallery, Erie Canal Museum and Sculpture Space.

> View

52.629.JPG

Myrton Purkiss (American, b. Canada, 1912-1978) Large Plate, 1951 Stoneware. Purchase Prize given by Homer Laughlin China Co., 16th Ceramic National Exhibition, 1951

Currently on View at Syracuse Hancock International Airport
Inaugurated in 1932 at the Everson, the Ceramic National juried exhibitions helped shape the course of ceramic history and launched the careers of many notable ceramic artists. This special exhibition showcases more than 70 pieces drawn from the Ceramic National exhibitions, all of which are now part of the Everson’s acclaimed collection.

> View

Angela_Fraleigh_banner.jpg

Angela Fraleigh, Carried by Voices, 2014, oil and 23kt gold leaf and alkyd on canvas, private collection.

September 22
4:30pm-7:30pm $20 Members, $25 Non-Members Pre-registration Required. Space is limited

Be the first to experience Angela Fraleigh: Between Tongue and Teeth. Join the Education Department in a private viewing and tour with the artist. Fraleigh will discuss her work, lead a hands-on art-making workshop and provide ample opportunity for the exchange of ideas. This workshop will feed your artistic soul and serve as a catalyst for classroom project ideas. Light refreshments provided. Please contact Qiana Williams at qwilliams(at)everson.org or (315) 474 6064 x303 to reserve your place.

> View

18611788-standard.jpg

Joe Rufo, Fox at Night, colored pencil, UNIQUE award winner, 2015.

August 19 – September 25, 2016
Coordinated by ARISE, a non-profit agency based in Syracuse, UNIQUE celebrates the artistic talents of Central New Yorkers living with disabilities. The works included in this exhibition eloquently speak to the myriad thoughts, ideas, and feelings that all humans share, regardless of individual ability or circumstance. The annual competition invites submissions of art and literature which are then selected for display by a panel of judges, and the works are exhibited in several venues throughout CNY.

> View

Kitaj_Civic_Virtue.jpg

September 9 – November 20, 2016
Civic Virtue: all over the floor brings together a unique selection of artworks from the Everson’s collection that address the difficult, yet essential, role an active citizenry plays within a healthy democracy.

> View

Robineau-ScarabVase-600.jpg

Caption: Adelaide Alsop Robineau, Scarab Vase (The Apotheosis of the Toiler), 1910, porcelain. Museum purchase.

On View Through November 2016
Adelaide Alsop Robineau, a major figure in the Arts and Crafts movement and today considered one of America’s preeminent art potters, is known for her exquisite porcelains decorated with intricate carvings and crystalline glazes. This exhibition features more than seventy of Robineau’s works, a number of which were part of the Everson’s original purchase of Robineau’s porcelains in 1916, an acquisition that set the course for the Museum’s long-term commitment to collecting ceramics. On display in the exhibition are many visitor favorites, including the famous Scarab Vase, believed to be Robineau’s masterpiece.

> View

88.21.2.jpg

Roy Lichtenstein, Dinnerware, ca. 1967, cast stoneware, 12 x 14.75 x 10 inches, Gift of Ka Kwong Hui.

On view through December 31, 2016
Drawn from the Everson’s collection, this exhibition features an eclectic mix of works that address the theme of life in the home over the past 150 years. Including paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, photographs, video, ceramics, and decorative arts objects, Home Sweet Home presents a multi-faceted view of the home, its spaces, furnishings, and inhabitants.

> View

Tomlin_Tension_by_Moonlight.jpg

Bradley Walker Tomin, Tension by Moonlight, 1948, oil on canvas, Gift of Mrs. Kathleen Tomlin, Mrs. Earle Dockstader, and Jean Barron

February 11 – May 14, 2017
The Dorsky Museum, in partnership with the Everson, is organizing the first retrospective and catalog of American painter Bradley Walker Tomlin (1899-1953) since 1975. This exhibition, including over 40 paintings, works on paper, and printed materials, charts Tomlin’s development from art nouveau illustrations of the 1920s to large-scale Abstract Expressionist paintings of the 1950s. The exhibition explores his formative years in Syracuse, early patronage by Condé Nast, and the important role played by the Woodstock art colony. The exhibition originated at the Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art, State University of New York at New Paltz.

> View

PC_91.37_2.jpg

Jackson Pollock Red Composition (Painting 1946), ca. 1946 Oil on Masonite, 19 ¼ x 23 ¾ inches Gift of Dorothy and Marshall M. Reisman. Jackson Pollock, © 2016 Artist Rights Society (ARS), New York/ADAGP, Paris

January 28 – April 30, 2017
Realism and abstraction are the two poles of painting in the 20th century. Drawn from the Everson’s collection, this exhibition brings together an eclectic mix of abstract works from the 20th century to explore the wide variety of formal and compositional decisions artists make when depicting simplified forms, reductive shapes, gestural or precise lines, and selecting a color palette. Primarily comprised of paintings, a selection of sculptures, prints, drawings, photographs, video, ceramics, and decorative arts objects are included to draw connections among the various media and approaches to both two and three-dimensional objects.

> View

Vanessa_German_PR_Image_010.jpg

Installation view of Vanessa German in MATRIX 174 / i come to do a violence to the lie, Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Hartford, CT, 2016. Photo: Allen Phillips / Wadsworth Atheneum

de.structive
dis.tillation

December 23, 2016 – May 7, 2017

Vanessa German uses paint, mixed media, sculpture, and performance to directly confront racism and violence in today’s society. Based in the Homewood section of Pittsburgh, a neighborhood devastated by drugs and crime on a daily basis, German creates work in response to her life experiences.

> View

83.5.9.jpg

Opening January 2017
Animals have been the subject of art for millennia, beginning with ancient cave paintings made over 35,000 years ago. From scientific renderings of nature’s wondrous creatures to depictions of livestock and beasts of burden, to commemorating our beloved four-legged family members, artists have recorded the many roles animals play in our world. "The Creatures Among Us" celebrates our enduring fascination with animals by presenting a selection of diverse works—some not seen in years—drawn from the Everson’s collection.

> View

Tree_of_40_Fruit.jpg

Sam Van Aken, Tree of 40 Fruit, digital rendering

Planting November 2016
In partnership with Syracuse University’s Connective Corridor, the Everson Museum of Art is excited to present the Tree of 40 Fruit, part of an ongoing series of hybridized fruit trees by contemporary artist Sam Van Aken. Each unique tree grows over forty different types of stone fruit including peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines, cherries, and almonds. Sculpted through the process of grafting, the Tree of 40 Fruit blossoms in variegated tones of pink, crimson and white in spring, and in summer bear a multitude of fruit. Primarily composed of native and antique varieties the Tree of 40 Fruit is a form of conservation, preserving heirloom stone fruit varieties that are not commercially produced or available.

> View

unspecified.jpeg

Marie Lorenz, Tide and Current Taxi, 2016. Photo by Timothy Schenck. Courtesy of Friends of the High Line.

On view through December 17, 2016
The culmination of Marie Lorenz’s journey along the Erie Canal and the Hudson River in the summer of 2016, this multi-media exhibition brings together new works along with research, documentation and materials from the voyage.

> View

Fraleigh_Carried_by_Voices.jpg

Angela Fraleigh, Carried by Voices, 2014, oil and 23kt gold leaf and alkyd on canvas.

On view through December 31, 2016
Angela Fraleigh, based in New York City and Allentown, co-opts the techniques, media, and styles of the European Old Masters to create monumental paintings of female figures that explore social constructs of gender, power, and identity. Combining abstraction and realism, her visually seductive and complicated paintings reflect on art history, literature, and popular culture. For the Everson, Fraleigh presents new paintings inspired by works in the Everson’s collection, women of the Arts and Crafts movement and important female figures in the history of Central New York.

> View

communityday2.jpg

4-week sessions, Saturdays, 10:30am–12:30pm
Members $65 per session | Non-Members $85 per session
Sign up for two sessions: Members $105 | Non-Members $135

Explore your creativity by experiencing different materials and themes each session. Classes are taught by dedicated artists and educators. Space is limited, all materials and equipment provided.

> View

iStock_71857309_LARGE.jpg

February 21–24, 2017
9:00am–12:00pm
Per day: $12 Members | $15 Non-Member

February 21 - Painting Syracuse Landscapes
February 22 - Creative Mask Making
February 23 - Collage Art inspired Bradley Walker Tomlin: A Retrospective exhibition

February 24 - Printmaking

Looking for fun and creative activities for your children (Ages 5-12) during mid-winter break? Sign up for one day or the entire week! Each day will hold a different themed activity to engage young artists including art making, gallery exploration, storytelling, games, and more!

> View

open_figure_drawing.jpg

May 18, 6:00–8:00pm
FREE

Enjoy an evening of figure drawing through the study of a nude model. Bring your own sketchbooks and pencils (no charcoal, pastels, paint permitted). Some easels will be provided on a first come first served basis. Or, if you don’t want to draw, stop by to see artists at work and enjoy live music. In collaboration with Open Figure Drawing. Openfiguredrawing.com

> View

IMG_2342.jpeg

Saturdays (Classes resume on January 7, 2017)
10:30am–12:00pm
Members $10 | Non-Members $15
Drop-ins welcome! Your first class is free

Open your heart space in this alignment-based yoga class and connect your body with the art of Angela Fraleigh's exhibition that surrounds you. Long-time yoga instructor Dara Harper will guide you through proper form and precision of poses. For more on Dara Harper, visit Yogawithdara.com. All skill levels welcome. Stay after class for a few minutes to enjoy a mini-tour led by an Everson docent.

> View

  • 1 (current)
AngelaFraleigh_head_RGB.jpg

Angela Fraleigh

October 13

6:30pm, Free with Museum admission

Artist Angela Fraleigh will offer a guided gallery walk of her exhibition Between Tongue and Teeth to discuss selected works. ​

> View

12243579_10156259173040554_58818810825026023_n.jpg

Last Thursday of Every Month

$5 Materials Fee + Museum Admission
June 30, July 28, August 25
5.30 - 7.30pm, Drop-In

Looking for a fun night out? Join us for a Crafty Hour workshop where you will craft a unique and functional art object, all while socializing with friends and enjoying some adult beverages from local vendors.

> View

FOT_Logo.jpg

Preview Gala, December 1, 6:00-8:00pm
Festival of Trees, December 2-11
$5 Members | $8 Non-Members

This year we are excited to announce our theme of City Lights in celebration of the renewal of downtown Syracuse and the bright light it casts on all of Central NY. Each decorated tree, wreath, and unique display is generously donated and all items are sold to benefit the Everson. Take in the beautiful sights, purchase items to decorate your home or office, and pick up tips for your own creations. The presentation of art and décor alongside activities and musical entertainment will make the Festival truly special.

> View

Kevin_Snipe_ceramic_lecture_sq.jpg

Kevin Snipes, Sideways Head, 2015 porcelain, glaze, underglaze, oxide wash 15’' tall. Photo courtesy of the artist

Featuring visiting artist Kevin Snipes

February 2, 2017
6:30pm | Everson Hosmer Auditorium
FREE and open to the public

Presented in conjunction with Syracuse University Department of Art and the CAC Foundation.

> View

open_night_reception.jpg

February 10, 2017

6:00–7:30pm
FREE for Members | $15 Non-members

Celebrate the opening of all new Winter 2017 exhibitions: Bradley Walker Tomlin: A Retrospective, Vanessa German: de.structive dis.tillation, More Real, More a Dream. Enjoy music, hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar.

> View

July 21, August 4, August 18, September 2

Presented in partnership with Urban Video Project. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs and settle in on the Everson Community Plaza to enjoy films projected onto the façade of the Museum building. All summer films include pre-show activities and food trucks on the Plaza. Films begin at dusk.




> View

July 21, August 4, August 18, September 2

Presented in partnership with Urban Video Project. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs and settle in on the Everson Community Plaza to enjoy films projected onto the façade of the Museum building. All summer films include pre-show activities and food trucks on the Plaza. Films begin at dusk.




> View

12243579_10156259173040554_58818810825026023_n.jpg

Last Thursday of Every Month

$5 Materials Fee + Museum Admission
June 30, July 28, August 25
5.30 - 7.30pm, Drop-In

Looking for a fun night out? Join us for a Crafty Hour workshop where you will craft a unique and functional art object, all while socializing with friends and enjoying some adult beverages from local vendors.

> View