The Community Exhibitions Program at the Everson Museum of Art provides opportunities for Central New York community organizations to present the work of area artists in the region’s premiere cultural venue.
Exhibitions are selected based on the following criteria:
• Relate to the Everson’s Mission Statement: Through dynamic and meaningful encounters with modern and contemporary American art, the Everson Museum of Art engages diverse communities, inspires curiosity and lifelong learning, and contributes to a more vital and inclusive society.
• Express relevant community or cultural issues and contain a clear theme or rationale.
• Feature new work (created within the last year).
• Demonstrate a relationship to the region.
• Include a minimum of six artists (no solo exhibitions).
• Depending on the scale of the work, approximately 20-30 works can be exhibited.
Exhibitions will not be considered if they contain works that are hazardous, may threaten the safety of public health and well-being, or may damage the property of the Everson.
Please submit this form no later than October 31, 2018.
Selected exhibitions will be displayed in January to March 2019; May to August 2019; or December 21, 2019 – January 2020.
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EXHIBITIONS:
Joshua Heckert Watercolor on paper, 11 x 14 inches
Courtesy of the artist
Embracing the Underground:
The Art of Tattooing
June 30–August 5, 2018
Embracing the Underground explores the rich and diverse culture of modern day tattooing. This exhibition is the second presented through the Everson’s Community Exhibition Program, which provides opportunities for Central New York organizations to present the work of area artists.