The Community Exhibitions Program at the Everson Museum of Art provides opportunities for Central New York community organizations to present the work of area artists in the region’s premiere cultural venue.
Exhibitions are selected based on the following criteria:
• Relate to the Everson’s Mission Statement: Through dynamic and meaningful encounters with modern and contemporary American art, the Everson Museum of Art engages diverse communities, inspires curiosity and lifelong learning, and contributes to a more vital and inclusive society.
• Express relevant community or cultural issues and contain a clear theme or rationale.
• Feature new work (created within the last year).
• Demonstrate a relationship to the region.
• Include a minimum of six artists (no solo exhibitions).
• Depending on the scale of the work, approximately 20-30 works can be exhibited.
Exhibitions will not be considered if they contain works that are hazardous, may threaten the safety of public health and well-being, or may damage the property of the Everson.
Completed proposals must be received no later than November 27, 2017.
Selected exhibitions will be displayed in January to mid-February, June, or July 2018.
CURRENT COMMUNITY EXHIBITIONS:
On view October 14 – November 19, 2017
CNY Arts’ 44th annual On My Own Time exhibition connects Central New York businesses in a collaboration that promotes the benefits of the creative process across community sectors. Original works created by amateur artists working in a variety of professions were displayed at their work sites. This professional juried selection recognizes the outstanding works by employees of thirteen Central New York companies and organizations.