The New Jerusalem Window and the Tiffany Studio Presented by Jerome Durr
June 21, 6:30pm
Jerome Durr of Jerome R Durr Stained Glass Studio will discuss the various techniques employed by the Tiffany Studio in fabricating the New
Jerusalem Window, as well as situate Louis Comfort Tiffany and his studio within the art movements of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The window was originally located at the May Memorial Unitarian Church on James Street in Syracuse, and in 1965, the Church donated the window to the Everson, where it became a beloved part of the Museum’s collection.
Louis Comfort Tiffany & Co.
New Jerusalem, The Judson Memorial Window, 1903
Stained Glass, 132 X 56 inches
Gift of May Memorial Unitarian Church, Syracuse, New York