The Everson gives students the opportunity to enjoy, learn and connect with art through a variety of docent-led tours. Choose from one of our thematic tours or take a general tour of the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions.
The Everson Museum of Art features the works of American artists from the 18th century to the present, including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, video and ceramics, as well as special exhibitions.
The Everson's architecture tours offer a closer look at our largest work of art: the Museum's renowned building designed by internationally acclaimed architect I.M. Pei. The Everson was Pei's first museum and launched his career as a museum architect. Over the course of his career, Pei has designed more than 35 museums and exhibition spaces throughout the world including the Pyramide du Louvre (Paris, France), National Gallery's East Wing (Washington, DC), the Kennedy Library (Boston, MA), Sainsbury Wing - National Gallery (London, England) and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum (Cleveland, Ohio).
This program pairs a 60-minute Docent-led tour with a 60-minute art-making experience in the Danial Family Education Center. Students will explore the galleries and discuss works of art and then make their own creations out of clay. Please specify if you wish to use air dry or kiln fired clay when scheduling.
- ●Studio Art Workshop must be requested at least four weeks in advance
- ●K-12 Studio Art Workshops can accommodate a maximum of 30 students
- ●Workshops are available Tuesday through Friday mornings
- ●Fee is $8 per student.
- ●Add an additional $2 per student if using kiln fired clay, which covers the cost of preparing and firing pieces
- ●Pre-payment is required
*All tours are also available in French on a limited basis*
Planning a Tour
●Beginning September 1, 2017 tours will cost $50 per classroom.
● Pre-payment is required.
● Scholarships are available to organizations and schools that demonstrate financial hardship or need. Inquire about scholarships during booking.
● Tours must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance.
● Private docent-led tours are available Tuesday–Friday beginning at 10:00am.
● Weekend tours are available on a limited basis.
● Tours last one hour unless other arrangements are made.
● Group size is limited to 60 people per hour. Larger groups may reserve two consecutive sessions.
● If you plan to have students draw or write in the galleries please let us know in advance. Please note: Only #2 pencils are allowed in galleries.
● We ask that students in school tours arrive at the Museum with name tags.
● We cannot accommodate unscheduled tours.
Please have the following information ready when arrange a tour: