Manager of Marketing and Communications (MMC)
The Everson Museum of Art seeks a highly motivated, experience, and detail-oriented Manager of Marketing and Communications to join its dynamic and growing team. The MMC reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the development, oversight, and execution of all communications and marketing activities for the Everson Museum, including advertising, eMarketing, media relations, email marketing, website, social media and audience development efforts. The MMC will conceive and execute innovative marketing and communications strategies that effectively attract and retain a diverse and large audience for the Everson Museum and its programs.
Provide vision and strategic framework for Museum marketing and communications:
-Develop and implement a strategic communications and marketing plan to maximize awareness of and audience for the museum and its programs
-Generate visibility in local, regional, and national markets for exhibitions and programs
-Identify and target key audiences to build awareness and engagement
-Manage Museum messaging priorities (short and long term) creating consistent brand profile across all marketing, media relations, and communications platforms
-Provide regular reports and communications and marketing initiatives
-Develop and manage communications and marketing budget
Lead public relations and communications efforts:
-Create and manage media relations and public information strategies- local, regional, and national
-Manage outside public relations contractors as needed to achieve maximum value and results
-Execute production of all media relations efforts- releases, alerts, interviews, and pitches
-Manage all press previews and other media events
Oversee marketing and branding efforts:
-Develop and implement integrated marketing plans for exhibitions, public programs, fundraising campaigns, and special events
-Oversee copy and creative development of marketing campaigns and collateral materials
-Overall all media buys and promotional partnerships
-Oversee website, social media, and email communications
-Represent the museum and build partnerships in citywide promotion and tourism efforts
-Supervise all photography and videography and outside contractors
-Other duties as assigned
-Three to five years experience in marketing, advertising, creative, content development, social media, and public relations including vendor and budget oversight, preferably in a museum, cultural or entertainment venue
-Must have strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, database management and content management systems
-Results-proven track record of development and implementing successful and innovative marketing and communications strategies
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects simultaneously with ability to prioritize
-Ability to work as a team player, mentor junior staff and interns, and work with multiple constituencies
-Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
-Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends for Museum events
This is a full-time hourly position with comprehensive benefits package. Please send resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to . Please reference Manager of Marketing in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Everson Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. The Everson Museum of Art offers excellent benefits with health, dental, life and 403(b).
The Everson Museum of Art seeks a full-time Outreach Coordinator to provide programmatic and administrative support for the Museum’s growing education programs. Duties include, but are not limited to direct program assistance for outreach programs, classes, interpretation, and public programs. The Outreach Coordinator reports to the Curator of Education and works with museum staff, interns, volunteer docents, and contracted artists and teachers to support these and other program initiatives. The Everson Museum of Art’s Outreach Program increases access to the visual arts for those who otherwise may be unable to visit the Museum. The program provides quality educational experiences that increase understanding and appreciation of the arts and promote life long learning. Outreach programs are delivered at libraries, assisted living facilities, community centers, refugee assistance program sites, hospitals, and more. The regular schedule for the Outreach Coordinator will be Tuesday Through Saturday, but may change based on programmatic calendar.
- · Work cooperatively to accomplish daily operations of education department.
- · Support Outreach program, liaison with docent outreach committee in coordinating off-site visits, including scheduling dates, coordinating docents, evaluations and follow-up as necessary.
- · Work closely with the Docent Outreach community including assisting with ongoing professional development, recruitment, retention and evaluation.
- · Ongoing curriculum development for Outreach lessons.
- · On occasion, deliver off-site programs as part of Outreach at area libraries, assisted living facilities, child care centers, community centers.
- · Oversee maintenance, inventory, and organization of Outreach materials and equipment.
- · Develop ongoing relationships with community organizations that participate in Outreach programs.
- · Support program administration and documentation including gathering statistics, providing monthly reports.
- · Manage registration for adult art classes.
- · Assist in the creation of interpretive materials in conjunction with exhibitions, including educator resource materials, iPad presentations, family guides, gallery guides, and audio tours.
- · Assist with the development and delivery of public programs such as First Fridays and Meet Me at the Everson. Meet Me at the Everson is an annual event that partners with area refugee and new American assistance programs and invites new Americans to engage with the Museum in a safe and informal setting.
- · Assist with program oversight as required.
- · Attend museum programs and special events as required.
- · Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and experience in art education, museum studies, fine arts or relate field required.
- · Preferred Master’s Degree or active study towards Master’s Degree in Education, Art Education, Museum Studies, fine arts or related field.
- · Demonstrated office and program experience.
- · Knowledge of museums and/or other non-profit organizations, structures and processes.
- · Knowledge of databases and/or registrations systems, or willingness and ability to learn.
- · Ability to work a schedule that supports the Education Department, including some flexible and variable hours, such as weekends and evenings.
- · Strong team player and interpersonal skills.
- · Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively within and beyond the institution.
- · Excellent organizational skills, follow-through, and attention to detail, including ability to work on multiple programs and deadlines simultaneously.
- · Strong oral and written communication skills.
This is a full-time hourly position with comprehensive benefits package.
The Everson Museum of Art is an EqualOpportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. The Everson Museum of Art offers excellent benefits with health, dental, life and 403(b)
Everson internships have an experiential learning focus by design. Students work closely with museum staff and volunteers. Internships are project-based and support current museum initiatives. Matching student interests with museum initiatives helps ensure the internship will be a skill building opportunity for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Audience Development Intern
Audience Development Interns will acquire skills that help arts organizations connect with audiences in diverse ways, build new audiences, and communicate with audiences effectively. Duties may include research for social media marketing, posting on community calendars, running customer satisfaction surveys, working at special events and building distribution lists for digital marketing. Experience in Excel, customer service, and social media platforms desirable.
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2019 CURATORIAL INTERNSHIPS.
Assist with the research, management, and interpretation of the museum’s collection. Work closely with the museum’s curatorial team to gain professional experience in a museum setting through hands-on training with a wide range of curatorial duties. Projects include, but are not limited to, researching for upcoming exhibitions, researching works in the permanent collection, assisting with the development of exhibition concepts, and working directly with the museum’s collection through photographing works, conducting inventories, and preparing works for exhibition.
Gain a broad understanding of the business operations of a museum and fundraising.
Focus is on revenue generation including marketing, special events, grant writing and database management.
Research exhibitions, develop family guides and educator resources. Oversee family programming for the Art Zone; create educational and promotional literature and participate in general educational programming and departmental operations.
Marketing and Public Relations Intern
Develop promotional campaigns in support of Everson exhibitions, programs and special events. Hands on opportunity to create PR and marketing plans, develop press releases, write articles and website copy, pitch coverage opportunities, coordinate coverage with the media and design support pieces.
Applying for Internships
To apply for an internship, send your resume and cover letter toand indicate which internship(s) you wish to be considered for. If an interview needs to be arranged, you will be contacted directly.
Members' Council is an energetic group of volunteers who are active ambassadors of the Everson. Planning special events and volunteering in the Museum Shop are just a few of the ways volunteers work behind the scenes to advance the work of the museum. To join Members' Council, simply add $15 to your annual membership dues.
Everson Trip Committee
The Everson Museum of Art Trip Committee is made up of volunteers who enjoy art oriented travel and who would like to share this interest with other Museum members. The Committee is a subcommittee of the Everson Museum of Art Members’ Council.
Thousands of people participate in informative and educational tours through the Everson Museum's galleries each year thanks to a group of dedicated volunteers called docents. Docents appreciate art, learning and teaching, and are energized by the enthusiasm of students and adults responding to works of art in the museum. Everson Museum docents conduct museum tours for school groups, clubs and organizations, and present outreach programs. Docent-led tours and programs can be customized for a particular curricular focus or age group and are also available in French.
For a rewarding volunteer experience in a beautiful setting, become a volunteer at the Everson Museum of Art, one of Central New York's most treasured cultural organizations.
Volunteer opportunities abound at the Everson. Positions include staffing the Museum Shop; greeting visitors at the Visitor Services Desk; working in the administrative office answering phones and assisting with mailings and other projects; and serving on special event committees organized by the Members' Council, such as the Trip Committee and Festival of Trees Committee.