The Stand: Photo Bash
Everson Community Plaza
On Sunday, August 21, Light Work’s Urban Video Project in partnership with The Stand Newspaper will host a Photo Bash, a celebration of 2022 Syracuse Photo Contest winning images by community photographers at 7:00pm at Wildflowers Armory. Photo prizes will be awarded to winners, and raffle prizes will include guest passes to the Everson Museum of Art and gift cards to Wildflowers Armory. Attendees will then parade over to the Everson Community Plaza to view the winning images screened by Light Work UVP on the façade of the Everson.
The outdoor screening will begin around 8:30pm on Sunday.
Selected images will be displayed Sunday–Tuesday, August 21–23, starting at dusk each night.
Presented by the Everson Museum of Art and Light Work UVP, sponsored by M&T Bank.
Photo Contest Submission Details
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 by Midnight
Entries are accepted in the below four categories, and up to two images in each may be submitted for a chance to be top pick and win prizes. Images must be taken this summer and within Syracuse city limits.
- #TogetherAgain — A look at summer events Syracuse hasn’t seen in the last two years
- #SouthSideShot — A visual testament of what makes Syracuse’s South Side distinct
- #PicturePortrait — A shot of the many faces of those who call Syracuse home
- #SyrSummerFun — A capture of what makes Syracuse the place to be this summer
- 1st Place: $200 Cash
- 2nd Place: One-year membership to Light Work & subscription to Contact Sheet
- 3rd Place: $50 in market money to Salt City Market
- 4th Place: Five Guest Passes to the Everson Museum of Art