the Everson Museum of Art
The Everson is for everyone, a place where community connects and inspiration surrounds you.
The Everson is a museum of firsts. It was the first museum to dedicate itself to the collection of American art, to create a permanent collection of ceramics, to collect video art, to create a docent program and to hire the now internationally-known architect I.M. Pei to design its building, a sculptural work of art in its own right. The Everson is home to approximately 11,000 works of art: American paintings, sculpture, drawings, video, graphics and one of the largest holdings of international ceramics in the nation.
As the first museum devoted to collecting American art, the Everson uses this focus to make possible direct encounters with all art through its collections, exhibitions, scholarship and educational programs.
- We capitalize on the innate, natural attraction of people to art and believe in its transformative power.
- We are dedicated to the cultivation of lifelong learning using the universal language of art.
- We cultivate curiosity within an inviting and dynamic environment.
- We embrace collaboration and partnerships to build bridges among disciplines.
- We are committed to serving our community by remaining relevant and accessible.
- We are a unique cultural anchor and an integral part of a vibrant downtown community.